Want to help small businesses go Solar while diversifying your investment portfolio? Check out Wunder Capital at https://teslanomics.co/wunder
// Tesla Aggressively Ramping Solar
* Tesla Chief Technology Officer JB Straubel made the comment to USA TODAY this week:
* No one should see us as stepping back from solar. In fact, it’s the opposite. It’s like with Model 3. People have come flooding in and are waiting on the product. So now we’re aggressively ramping our capacity.
* Since 2015 over 1GWh installed
* Hoping to install over 1GWh this year alone
* Need more production from Giga 2 in Buffalo
* This is great because people are waiting forever for power walls – https://www.greentechmedia.com/articles/read/tesla-solar-and-storage-delays-and-deliveries
* Tesla is facing blowback after numerous reports of delayed solar and energy storage installations.
* Some people receiving calls saying all shipments of power walls have been halted indefinitely
* TMC page dedicated to this – https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/powerwall-2-supply-issues.114618/
* Some users reporting wait times up to 2 years
* Personally this is the same, through the referral program I’ve earned 3 power walls, the first dating back to March of 2017 and I was recently informed it won’t be here until 2019
* Tesla’s statement
* Tesla responded to GTM regarding these press reports and user forum claims. A company spokesperson said that Powerwall deliveries continue globally for orders already placed, and that new orders placed this month will be delivered at the end of 2018 or the beginning of 2019.
* Upon Powerwall production ramping at the Reno Gigafactory in 2019, the goal is for retail deliveries and installations to happen within one month. The company added that Solar Roof production is also ramping at Tesla’s Buffalo, New York factory.
* As for PV, the company remains bullish on traditional solar for both commercial and residential rooftops and claims a four- to six-week span from sale to install. Tesla had a 16 percent market share for residential solar in 2017, way down from its 33 percent share in 2015, according to Wood Mackenzie Research.
* According to GTM these don’t line up – and say it’s part of the Tesla Way
* There’s plenty of innovation in the Tesla way, but there’s also a lot of hype, noise and distraction. There’s a clear tendency to radically over-promise and under-deliver. And there’s a cavalier attitude toward one’s own customers, employees and stockholders. We’ve seen all of these qualities in the almost three-and-a-half years since Tesla introduced its storage line and the Powerwall.
* The mission-centric Tesla way brought boring batteries into the hype cycle and the public consciousness, and inspired an enormous cohort of competitors and entrepreneurs to focus their lives on the energy storage industry. Now, Tesla needs to manufacture and deliver on the vision its CEO created.
* I agree, this is unacceptable, and I sincerely hope JB isn’t feeding the media a line about this when he says they’re aggressively pursuing it
// New here? Check out more
Most Recent Video – https://goo.gl/k3pWlt
Most Popular Video – https://goo.gl/jydACR
Subscribe – https://goo.gl/tPDO7v
// Shoot me a msg online
// My Gear
Camera – https://kit.com/teslanomicsco/camera-gear
Model 3 Essentials – https://kit.com/teslanomicsco/tesla-model-3-essentials
// Music by Epidemic Sound
This video and channel are not affiliated with Tesla nor did they endorse this specific production.